|We are pleased to invite you to Shanghai, China for an afternoon of interactive discussion with world-renowned University of Illinois faculty, university leadership, and prominent alumni. Our notable experts will lead us through an exploration of technology disrupters and the new face of innovation changing our world and growing the global economy.
The outstanding program includes preeminent Illinois alumni, decorated faculty researchers, and the distinguished Deans of the College of Engineering and the College of Business. The showcase will conclude with a celebratory dinner and a chance to network with fellow Illini from across the region. For more information, visit https://give.illinois.edu/shanghai2016
SECOND ANNUAL ILLINOIS FORUM: ENGINEERING SHOWCASE
December 3, 2016
12:30pm – 8:00pm
Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Center
555 Xi Zang Zong Road (Middle)
||Opening remarks by Yang Zhang, CEO, Palm Plus, Engineering ’07
||Welcome by Andreas Cangellaris, Dean, College of Engineering
||Keynote speech by Dr. Xiangli Chen, President, GE China Technology Center, Engineering ’94 – “GE’s Evolving Role in China Innovation”
||Panel moderated by Dean Andreas Cangellaris – “Role of Technology in Modern Life”
- Xiangli Chen, President, GE China Technology Center, Engineering ’94
- Alan Lu, Executive Vice President, Sirnaomics, Inc, USA, LAS ’96
- Frank Shi, CEO & Chairman, Skyrock Inc., Engineering ’04
- Tami Bond, Nathan M. Newmark Distinguished Professor in Civil and Environmental Engineering
||Presentation by Professor Tami Bond “Energy Transitions and The Road to Clean Air”
||“Flying in UAV Industry”co-presented by:
- Yifan Li, Co-founder and CEO, Hesai Photonics Technology Co., Engineering ’13
- Jason Duan, CEO, Daguanghua Education Group, Business ’88
||Panel moderated by Jeff Brown, Dean, College of Business – “Leadership”
- Helen Yang, Managing Director, DuPont China, LAS ’88
- Jay Lin, Consultant/Investor Jay Lin Enterprises, Media ’89
- Feng Ling, Founder & CEO, Xpeedic Technology, Inc., Engineering ’00
- Yang Zhang, CEO, Palm Plus, Engineering ’07
||The dinner program begins with a captivating keynote on Virtual Reality by renowned University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Professor Steve LaValle (Engineering ‘95), a leading researcher and expert on Virtual Reality. The evening will continue as we hear from the president of the UIAA Shanghai Chapter and alumni representatives. Dean Andreas Cangellaris will conclude with an insightful look at the deep connection between UIUC and China and the important partnerships that built our relationship. The evening is sure to be joyful and informative and is not to be missed!
Special thanks to our Planning Committee.
Directions: Guests can take metro Line No.1, Line No.2, Line No.8 and get off at Station People’s Square. Car Parking: Basement Level 1 and Basement Level 2. Click here for map.
For questions, please contact Brooke Eisenmenger via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Wechat beisenmenger or Patty Lam via email email@example.com or Wechat 1 781 975 9574.